- NATALIE PORTMAN Chosen As LADY MACBETH!Posted 18 days ago
- GABOUREY SIDIBE Joins ‘AMERICAN HORROR STORY’ Cast!Posted 19 days ago
- MICHAEL FASSBENDER To Star As MACBETH In New Movie Adaptation!Posted 19 days ago
- BISOLA Releases Debut Album – ‘HOLDING ON TO THE LIGHT’!Posted 23 days ago
- LANA DEL REY’s ‘GREAT GATSBY’ Song, YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL!Posted 25 days ago
- BUDDA CAKES Excited After Winning EXPLOSIVE UNSIGNED Contest!Posted 27 days ago
- INTERVIEW: Introducing BISOLA – An Uplifting New Music Artist!Posted 27 days ago
- Are We Ready For A WEIRD SCIENCE Remake?Posted 30 days ago
ANGELA BASSETT Explains Her Low-Budget Movie Role Choice.
The ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It‘ star argues that she took on her latest role in ‘Jumping the Broom‘, a far cry from her usual big-screen casting choices, because she thought that she could bring something new to the part.
Speaking to The Miami Herald, she says:
“I just think I inherently exude some strength. But, I think I consciously do try to bring the humanity or the vulnerability of the character to bear.”
However, Bassett added that she is unaware of her own screen presence:
“I look at the screen and I’m like ‘Oh, oh, did I do that?’ You’re not conscious of what you’re doing or how it’s coming out. But, you can’t be that exacting about it because then it’s really technical and you sense the technique but not the passion or the feeling. So I always rely on my actors, on who is across from me.”
The movie, reported to have only cost $5-10 million (£3-6 million approx) to make, is about two very different families who come together for a wedding.
Bassett broke the news earlier this week that she is set to star in a sequel to her 1995 smash-hit ‘Waiting to Exhale‘; with all of the original cast returning!