INXS To Release Unseen MICHAEL HUTCHENCE Footage!

By on 24 July, 2012

INXS, KICK re-release, Unseen Michael Hutchence footage, Latest Entertainment News Today

Rock band INXS are releasing previously unseen footage of tragic frontman Michael Hutchence to mark the 25th anniversary of their breakthrough album Kick!

The I Need You Tonight hitmakers are reissuing the iconic 1987 release, which has become one of the biggest-selling Australian albums of all time with more than 14 million copies shifted worldwide.

The new deluxe edition, which is set to come to a music retailer near you on the 17th September 2012, will include unheard demos, a tour poster, documentary clips of Hutchence, and never-before-seen handwritten lyrics by the singer, who died in 1997.

INXS manager Chris Murphy says:

“It’ll be an amazing, super-duper package. There’s stuff that was recorded with Michael for Kick that didn’t go on the album.”

The band, now fronted by Ciaran Gribbin, also plan to play Kick from start to finish in Australia later in 2012, as Murphy explains:

“We’re thinking about a very limited tour, a 25th anniversary tour to play Kick live. Ciaran has been an extraordinary find. It’s like fate. Michael is helping us here. He would have loved Ciaran.”

About Ed Bonilla

Ed is an entertainment news writer, and founder of TOMORROW'S NEWS. He always keeps a watchful eye on who and what's trending in the entertainment world. His articles focus on tomorrow's news today, including celebrity news, film news, music news and so much more!

11 Comments

1. Nathan Stevens

5 August, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Not long now til the release, boys and girls! Can’t wait 🙂

2. Rachel Norris

28 July, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I was cheekily searching for a picture of Michael Hutchence, and glad I clicked on this page as I missed this story. I’ve ordered my copy, and I’m looking forward to receiving it in a couple of weeks time. Thanks for posting this article!

3. Jon McCree

28 July, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Thanks for posting this. I’ve ordered my copy to add to my INXS collection!

4. Penny Imes

27 July, 2012 at 1:51 pm

It’s still a tragic story, of how he died. I have always a fan of INXS, and still listen to their music today. Not the new stuff but the classic 90’s songs like Suicide Blonde – my favourite!

5. Jay Davis

26 July, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Can’t wait til they release this album again! Thanks for posting this.

6. Liz McMahon

26 July, 2012 at 4:23 am

Pre-ordered my copy. Thanks for this posting this! 🙂 x

7. Maria Scholtz

25 July, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I bought this album on CD, Vinyl and Cassette (remember those?) when it was released before. Will I be buying this again? Hell yes! 🙂

8. David Garrett

25 July, 2012 at 4:11 pm

To echo what has been said before, this album is fantastic and I’ll definitely be pre-ordering this! Great music back in the day.

9. Jane Marshall

25 July, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Thanks for including the link to the pre-order. I’ve ordered my copy and I’m looking forward to when they release KICK again! Thanks again! J xx

10. Jessica Macey

25 July, 2012 at 9:29 am

I agree, Michael Hutchence was really cute. Maybe it was his bad-boy image, but there was definitely something about him. I’ve just pre-ordered the album. Thanks for the post!

11. Jess Braintree

24 July, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Fantastic news! I remember having a major crush on Michael Hutchence, so I will be interested to see what extra footage there is of him. Thank you so much for posting this news.