JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS Hospitalised After Suicide Bid?

By on 30 June, 2011


 

The Tudors‘ star Jonathan Rhys Meyers was rushed to hospital after a suspected suicide attempt on Tuesday (28th June, 2011) – according to tabloid rag The Sun!

 

The actor, who has been in rehab five times for alcohol problems, apparently refused treatment by paramedics for more than 30 minutes, meaning they were forced to call police and he was eventually taken away by ambulance to a facility near his home in Maida Vale, North London.
 

A source told the newspaper:

“This is very sad. It was the opinion of those present that he tried to take his life.”

 

Worried neighbours saw the 33-year-old Irish star, who was believed to have overdosed on unspecified pills, rushed to hospital.

One onlooker said:

“I saw the ambulance arriving and was worried to death.

“Jonathan is a lovely guy. You see him all the time in the street. He says hello and is very pleasant. I hope he is fine.”

 

After routine examinations, the ‘Velvet Goldmine‘ actor was discharged from hospital on Wednesday (29th June, 2011) but would only answer “no comment” when questioned on whether he had tried to commit suicide.
 

A police spokesperson confirmed they had been asked to attend the incident, and released a statement saying:

“Officers were called by London Ambulance Service following reports of a man refusing treatment. The man was taken to hospital.”

 

I think the guy is under-rated. Such a shame that he’s experiencing problems, and I hope he manages to jump back on the road to recovery!

 


 


 

About Ed Bonilla

Ed is an entertainment news writer, and founder of TOMORROW'S NEWS. He always keeps a watchful eye on who and what's trending in the entertainment world. His articles focus on tomorrow's news today, including celebrity news, film news, music news and so much more!