- NATALIE PORTMAN Chosen As LADY MACBETH!Posted 18 days ago
- GABOUREY SIDIBE Joins ‘AMERICAN HORROR STORY’ Cast!Posted 19 days ago
- MICHAEL FASSBENDER To Star As MACBETH In New Movie Adaptation!Posted 19 days ago
- BISOLA Releases Debut Album – ‘HOLDING ON TO THE LIGHT’!Posted 22 days ago
- LANA DEL REY’s ‘GREAT GATSBY’ Song, YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL!Posted 24 days ago
- BUDDA CAKES Excited After Winning EXPLOSIVE UNSIGNED Contest!Posted 26 days ago
- INTERVIEW: Introducing BISOLA – An Uplifting New Music Artist!Posted 26 days ago
- Are We Ready For A WEIRD SCIENCE Remake?Posted 30 days ago
BOB HOSKINS To Retire From Acting After Parkinsons Diagnosis!
It was announced today (Wednesday 8th August, 2012) that British actor Bob Hoskins will be retiring from acting after learning he is battling Parkinson’s disease!
The 69 year old’s spokesperson revealed in statement that the actor was diagnosed in 2011 with the same degenerative condition as ‘Back to the Future‘ star Michael J. Fox.
The statement reads:
“Bob Hoskins wishes to announce that he will be retiring from acting, following his diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease last autumn.
“He wishes to thank all the great and brilliant people he has worked with over the years, and all of his fans who have supported him during a wonderful career. Bob is now looking forward to his retirement with his family, and would greatly appreciate that his privacy be respected at this time.”
The veteran star began his screen career in the late 1960s and became known for his performances in 1980′s ‘The Long Good Friday‘, which won him a Best Actor Oscar nomination, and ‘Mona Lisa‘ in 1986.
He also received critical acclaim for his role in 1988′s ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit‘, and for his appearances in ‘Mermaids‘ (1990) and in the Peter Pan movie ‘Hook‘ (1991).
Such a fantastic actor!