- NATALIE PORTMAN Chosen As LADY MACBETH!Posted 17 days ago
- GABOUREY SIDIBE Joins ‘AMERICAN HORROR STORY’ Cast!Posted 18 days ago
- MICHAEL FASSBENDER To Star As MACBETH In New Movie Adaptation!Posted 18 days ago
- BISOLA Releases Debut Album – ‘HOLDING ON TO THE LIGHT’!Posted 21 days ago
- LANA DEL REY’s ‘GREAT GATSBY’ Song, YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL!Posted 23 days ago
- BUDDA CAKES Excited After Winning EXPLOSIVE UNSIGNED Contest!Posted 25 days ago
- INTERVIEW: Introducing BISOLA – An Uplifting New Music Artist!Posted 25 days ago
- Are We Ready For A WEIRD SCIENCE Remake?Posted 29 days ago
ITV To Premiere ‘TITANIC’ Trailer On Christmas Day!
Written by Oscar-winning screenwriter Julian Fellowes, ‘TITANIC‘ is the extraordinary re-telling of that doomed voyage as it’s never been told before. Viewers will for the first time be introduced to some of the characters involved, before they come to screen to commemorate the centenary of the disaster.
‘TITANIC‘ will span over 4 1-hour episodes, and blends action, mystery and romantic narratives featuring fictional and historical characters, before coming together in an explosive finale. Not to be confused with James Cameron‘s 1997 version which was primarily a love story between the two central characters, BAFTA-winning producer Nigel Stafford-Clark was inspired by the hundreds of untold stories of those aboard, and the drama provides a unique portrait of the society which gave birth to the liner.
The drama features an all-star ensemble cast of leading stage and screen actors, flowing camerawork and interweaving multi-arc storylines, as viewers get to know the multi-class, multi-nationality characters, brought to life by a huge company of no less than 89 actors, including Linus Roache, Celia Imrie, Toby Jones, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Geraldine Somerville, Sophie Winkleman and Timothy West.
The trailer will be screened after ‘Downton Abbey‘ on ITV1 on Christmas Day but viewers can see it ahead of its premiere on the ITV Player from midday on today (Friday 23rd December, 2011).
Rufus Radcliffe, Director of Group Marketing and Research, said:
“Titanic promises to be a massive TV event in 2012, and what better moment to start building anticipation amongst our viewers than an epic trail coming out of ITV’s Downton Abbey Christmas special”
The miniseries will air globally in April 2012, to coincide with the landmark centenary anniversary of the ship’s sinking.
Below is an early look at the trailer about to appear on ITV.com and on TV.: